EMAIL JURY REQUIREMENTS FOR NEW APPLICATIONS 2017
- Applications that are submitted by January 15, 2017, and jury submissions emailed fully complete in one email only to email@example.com will be reviewed by the jury by February 1, 2017.
- Application submissions will not accepted after January 15, 2017.
- For consideration by the jury, payment for a single booth must be mailed to Pelham Art Festival, Box 1191, Fonthill, ON, L0S 1E0. Accepted juried artists will be emailed a Returning Artist Application to all future shows.
- Notification of acceptance/rejection letter will be emailed after February 28, 2017, to the (email) address provided on your application. Please provide an alternate address as applicable to receive your notification in a timely fashion.
- Artists are only permitted to include the medium(s) that has been approved by the jury. Select and enter into one media category and one subcategory (if applicable).
- It is crucial your Jpg images are high quality, professional quality digital images of your work produced within the last three years.
- Jpgs must be similar to the kind of work you will display. Any mailed CDs, DVDs, photographs, or 35 mm slides are not acceptable.
- Jpg image files must be sized to a maximum of 1024 x 768 pixels (3.5" x 2.5" approx.) at 300 ppi and must be compressed to no larger than 2mb.
- Images must be cropped to show only the work, no frame or background is to be included.
- Include all the following in one email only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5 images (numbered 1-5), and a separate file in your email with a detailed description of each Jpg with title, date created, medium, price point, prints Yes or No, and dimensions of each work.
- An Artist Statement – In a separate file in your email, 300 word page maximum, and provide a short description of the artistic process that includes medium(s), the process of your artwork, and include website link if applicable. When participating in the Festival, artists are offered linked statement/bio space that includes their website address in the pelhamartfestival.com website.
- Review required application information and adhere to the set rules.
- Failure to meet full requirements will void application and result in your work not being juried.
Submitting Digital Images Tips:
- Jurors reviewing your artwork are looking for originality, quality and consistency in your ideas, execution and design. If your images are too dark, out of focus, or poorly lit, the jurors will not be able to adequately assess your work.
- If you don't have experience making digital images, it's strongly suggested to hire a professional photographer or ask a qualified friend to document your work. If this is not an option, here are a few tips for shooting good images.
- Put your work in a bright, soft, evenly lit room, not direct light.
- Take test shots and review them on your computer prior to upload.
- Upload with the image in the proper direction, horizontal/vertical.
- If your work is framed or has a glossy finish, do not use direct flash on your camera. Put the work flat against a wall at a 45 degree angle to a window with indirect light. Shoot with a polarizer filter.
- Choose the correct white balance.
- Shoot high resolution 300 dpi photos.
Thank you for applying to the Pelham Art Festival